Watermelon Seed Oil 100% Pure Organic Unrefined
100% PURE. NO ADDITIVES. EXTRA VIRGIN
Very nutritious and moisturizing, watermelon oil is non-greasy and absorbs very quickly. It does not clog pores and is suitable for all skin types: dry, oily and acne prone. Its composition rich in essential fatty acids helps to restore the elasticity of the skin. It can also be used as a daily care oil for dry hair.
A very beneficial oil and indicated for practically all types of skins, especially atopic skins. Surely you do not know many of the virtues that we are going to tell next so take note!
- Watermelon seed oil is a vegetable oil that moisturizes, re-mineralizes and is very rich in antioxidants. Being rich in lycopene (a nutrient with great antioxidant power) fights free radicals, it prevents the appearance of spots and lines of expression.
- It is an oil rich in magnesium and zinc. Due to these properties, the use of this elixir prevents inflammation and swelling of the skin and improves its activity.
- it contains vitamins A, B3, B6 and C. Vitamin A helps reduce the size of the pores of the skin and reduces the excessive secretion of oil from your skin.
- The use of this oil removes toxins from the skin due to the very acids it contains with exfoliating properties; This way you maintain a youthful and radiant skin for longer.
- Watermelon seed oil is also very beneficial for hair. Apply a couple of drops on the hair before washing, let it act for a while and then shower, shampoo and conditioner. You will notice your hair softer, shiny, smooth and hydrated.
- The oil of seeds of watermelon to be a very moisturizing oil that promotes the production of collagen. Result: more moisturized skin with a rejuvenated appearance.
Citrullus Vulgaris (watermelon) is said to have first grown in the southern part of Africa where it was a wild plant. There are many variants of watermelon in Africa, some are bitter, others sweet. From there it was transported to China, India and North America.
HOW IS IT MADE?
To extract oil from watermelon seeds, they are first dried in the sun for a few weeks to reduce their water content. The dried seeds are then taken through a cold press process to product a fine oil that is yellow in color and extremely high in oleic and linoleic fatty acids.
*It’s important to note that being on this list doesn’t promise that it will work for your skin type.* Our skin will decide which oil it likes the most and remember that skin takes two weeks to turn over so anything that pops up between week 1-2 was probably already going to happen.
Like other substances that are high in fat, carrier oils have a limited shelf life. Meaning that eventually they will go bad. It’s important to store oils in their original air-tight containers in a cool, dark place, such as the pantry, to maximize shelf life.
All containers that we use are BPA and GMO free. Bottles less than 16oz are not sealed.
*Product image and label may vary from actual product received.